[Backgroundrb-devel] backgroundrb preview

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 20:50:20 EST 2006

Hi Ezra/skaar,

Wow man, the exercise was worth it. The connection closed problem with
socket as i mentioned in my earlier mails...completely disappeared,
and now i can connect only once to the socket and keep reading..till
end of its days.

Literally impossible with older release of backgroundrb.

This could also potentially solve the issues people were having with
ActiveRecord.

As i said somewhere in past, I was/am using my home baked solution
with EventMachine and  Memcache..which was serving me fine. But
parsing the input data from socket is real pain. Parsing strings...are
fun, but I had no idea..how do i go abt objects.

But this release of backgroundrb fills the gap.

--
There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.