[Backgroundrb-devel] Rather ominous resource consumption figures

Douglass Turner douglass.turner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 10:05:40 EDT 2006

Ah,

GC is your friend. I use RMagick to prep my image before processing by my
C++ engine. It was not releasing mems between successive calls to the
worker. I now call GC.start after I nolonger need the image object created
by RMagick.

However, t still does appear that  I have incurred a memory hit from the
initial call to my worker that is never released even when the worker dies.

-Doug

--
Doug Turner
mobile: 781 775 3708