[Backgroundrb-devel] Need to send email from a worker

Lars Pind lars at pinds.com
Fri Jun 30 01:24:50 EDT 2006

I'm doing this by just loading the entire rails environment from the
background process and using ActionMailer. It increases the overhead
of the background process significantly, but since there's just one
of them, that's OK for me.

That way, I was able to take something that already worked in serial,
and make it parallel.

/Lars