[Backgroundrb-devel] How to add some process control...

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:32:59 EDT 2006

On Jun 28, 2006, at 9:18 AM, David Lemstra wrote:

> Hi,
> First off, thanks Ezra for showing the way with BackgrounDrb. It's a
> real godsend.
>
> I wanted to add a bit of job control to the system so that I could
> cancel DRB processes and so on. I thought I'd share how I did it in
> case
> anyone should find it useful or have feedback.
>
> <snip good stuff>

> Hope someone finds it useful,
> David Lemstra

Hey David-

	Thanks for the patch. It does look useful. I will add it to the next
release once I get a few other features implemented. One thing I
really need is a thread that sleeps and wakes up to call gc! on items
based on a time to live variable. THis way you could set a cache and
tell it how long to live before it gets reaped.  This will fit right
in with what you just submitted so that workers can clenup after
themselves when told to terminate.

Thanks-
-Ezra