[Backgroundrb-devel] Cannot invoke ActiveRecord subclass accessors in DRb worker

dorian taylor dorian.taylor.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 08:42:57 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a worker to do some asynchronous web client work
and update the data model with its results. It seems, however, that
every call I make to an ActiveRecord subclass causes the whole thing
to block. At least I think it's blocked. Right now I'm just using
debug log output.

Is there a decent way to debug/test workers I can try?

Is there any insight as to why this might be happening (thread safety
issues, etc)?