[Backgroundrb-devel] no view involved...

cremes.devlist at mac.com cremes.devlist at mac.com
Tue Jun 6 18:50:12 EDT 2006

The canonical example of using BackgrounDRb involves updating a
progress bar on some user's web page. Therefore, the long running
background process has some affiliation with a view.

How can backgroundrb be used for long running processes that are NOT
associated with a controller/view? Is this even possible? I
understand the nature of Rails is such that it does "just in time"
work, but I'm hoping to twist it to my own nefarious purposes.

Am I even making sense? Anyone have any ideas on how to do long
running processes that are unattached to any specific controller/view
instance?

cr