[Backgroundrb-devel] Database access for workers

Chris Martin chriscodes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 17:07:42 EDT 2006

Funny. I subscribed to ask a question, but checked the archives first
(even though there weren't any postings the other day), and there it
I have, more or less, the same question..

Is caching an AR object the best way to pass data to a worker class?
Or is there an easy way to access data from within a worker?

I've tried getting data from within there and although no error is
generated, my loop that starts with the data, never starts, so I'm
assuming a worker can't access rails' models by default.

Nice work on this Ezra!

Chris Martin
Web Developer
Open Source & Web Standards Advocate