[Backgroundrb-devel] Please help, if @jobs[key].respond_to? :thread is returning false

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 20:04:42 EDT 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Ben Johnson wrote:

> I noticed in the BackgroundRB class in the delete_worker method
> there is a line:
> if @jobs[key].respond_to? :thread
> For some reason this is returning false for me, it gets down to
> this line and returns false, not killing the thread. Any idea why
> this is returning false?
> Thanks for your help.
> Thank You,
> Ben Johnson
> E: bjohnson at contuitive.com

Hey Ben-

	It is hard to say without seeing your worker class. But I will look
into it and see what is happening. That would certainly explain why
your delete_worker calls are not actually deleting workers. Its time
for a bit of refactoring in the code base to go over all the thread
handling and add some more corner test cases. Hopefully I will be
able to do this this week and push a new release later this week.