[Backgroundrb-devel] Passing objects to drb, does it keep the existing db connection?

Ben Johnson bjohnson at contuitive.com
Wed Jul 19 17:36:57 EDT 2006

I have a simple question. Let's say I do this in one of my models:

When that object gets over to the background process is it the exact
same as?....

Model.find some_id #in the background process

As far as my background process is concerned passing the object is
not any different than passing the id and using the find method?
Because when I try to inspect the object that has been passed over I
don't get the typical .inspect output that you get from object of

Thanks for your help.

Thank You,
Ben Johnson
E: bjohnson at contuitive.com