[Backgroundrb-devel] memory uses

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 03:20:47 EDT 2006

Its running in development mode....and may be yes.

But i am not any using any railr/ruby plugin/modules that can cause memory
leak.
But it is one of those big bang apps...i mean its a little complicated and
lots of wierd stuff thrown in.

but after i stopped backgroundrb the error that i was getting stopped
coming.(So no more too many connections error, after stopping backgroundrb).

On 7/6/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hemant-
> No backgroundrb has nothing to do with dispatch.fcgi. Thats all rails in
> there. And BackgrounDRb only makes one connection to the db on startup. I
> will investigate to see if i can reproduce your error but it sounds like
> there may be an issue in your rails app. I do not think that each thread
> gets its own connection to the db since AR only conects once on startup.
>
> As for setting load_rails to false you are right, you will not be able to
> use your AR models. But if you require the mysql gem you will be able to use
> that like you want.
>
> Sounds like you have a memory leak in your rails app if its taking up
> 186Mb. Are you running in development mode or production?
>
> -Ezra
>
> On Jul 5, 2006, at 11:22 PM, hemant wrote:
>
> Also....there seems to be some problem with mysql connections....
>
> I am getting "too many connections error - mysql", this could be either
> because of open connections to mysql - are not being closed.
>
> So the question...normally from rails when using dispatch.fcgi, only a
> limited number of connections are being opened to the database(people infact
> tell me, only one is opened). So, the big question is, Erza, how you are
> handling connections to the DB?
>
> I mean..when i use ActiveRecord? So, is that each thread will create its
> own connection? Again..the question..arises does backgroundrb has any
> business with dispatch.fcgi?
>

> On 7/6/06, hemant <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have this small doubt. Does backgroundrb have anything to do with
> > dispatch.fcgi?
> >
> > some dispatch.fcgi are taking memory as much as 186 MB ....
> > this is monstrous man...
> >
> > Also, if i put load rails environment with backgroundrb.yml file to be
> > false.What will happen? i just loses access to db through ActiveRecord
> > right?
> > I can still use normal mysql gem to access db and modify the
> > tables..correct?
> >
> > I should be able to create Middleman objects from Rails as usual?
> >

> > --
> > nothing much to talk
> >

> --
> nothing much to talk