[Backgroundrb-devel] memory uses

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:42:00 EDT 2006

	No backgroundrb has nothing to do with dispatch.fcgi. Thats all
rails in there. And BackgrounDRb only makes one connection to the db
on startup. I will investigate to see if i can reproduce your error
but it sounds like there may be an issue in your rails app. I do not
think that each thread gets its own connection to the db since AR
only conects once on startup.

	As for setting load_rails to false you are right, you will not be
able to use your AR models. But if you require the mysql gem you will
be able to use that like you want.

	Sounds like you have a memory leak in your rails app if its taking
up 186Mb. Are you running in development mode or production?