[Backgroundrb-devel] memory uses

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:22:19 EDT 2006

Also....there seems to be some problem with mysql connections....

I am getting "too many connections error - mysql", this could be either
because of open connections to mysql - are not being closed.

So the question...normally from rails when using dispatch.fcgi, only a
limited number of connections are being opened to the database(people infact
tell me, only one is opened). So, the big question is, Erza, how you are
handling connections to the DB?

I mean..when i use ActiveRecord? So, is that each thread will create its own
connection? Again..the question..arises does backgroundrb has any business
with dispatch.fcgi?

On 7/6/06, hemant <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have this small doubt. Does backgroundrb have anything to do with
> dispatch.fcgi?
> some dispatch.fcgi are taking memory as much as 186 MB ....
> this is monstrous man...
> Also, if i put load rails environment with backgroundrb.yml file to be
> false.What will happen? i just loses access to db through ActiveRecord
> right?
> I can still use normal mysql gem to access db and modify the
> tables..correct?
> I should be able to create Middleman objects from Rails as usual?
> --
> nothing much to talk

nothing much to talk