[Backgroundrb-devel] Req: Workers as singletons

Günter Ladwig gladwig at gmx.de
Mon Jul 3 18:38:55 EDT 2006

On 04.07.2006, at 00:28, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> Gunter-
>
> 	OK I see what you want to do. I will come up with a way to do that
> for you. I also just changed things so that if you don't specify
> a :ttl param when you do new_worker then your worker will
> become :immortal. The only way to delete an immortal worker is by
> calling gc! or using delete_worker directly.

Thanks!

I just thought of another "bug" which caused me some headaches:

Apparently, on Macs (I'm using an iBook) the DRb server needs to be
started like this:

DRb.start_service('druby://localhost:0')

instead of just

DRb.start_service

Don't ask me why, I found the solution to this problem here:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/bdrg-members/2006-May/000043.html

Günter