[Backgroundrb-devel] [Rails] [ANN] BackgrounDRb New release.

Günter Ladwig gladwig at gmx.de
Mon Jul 3 17:56:11 EDT 2006

On 03.07.2006, at 22:34, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> Hemant-
> 	Thats a good point. I will add an option to allow for 'immortal'
> workers. Does this syntax look good to you?
> session[:job_key] = MiddleMan.new_worker(:class => :long_worker,
>           :args => 'whatever',
>           :ttl => :immortal)
> 	I will see what the best way to add this is and get another
> release out today.

Wouldn't it be better to just assume 'immortality' if there is
no :ttl argument? Seems more logical (to me, anyway) and doesn't
change the semantics to the first release :)

P.S.: I replied to this message before, using a different account and
the message now seems to wait for moderator approval... just delete
it ;)