[Backgroundrb-devel] [Rails] [ANN] BackgrounDRb New release.

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 16:34:27 EDT 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 7:04 AM, hemant wrote:

> How about jobs that I would like to run forever?
>
> I collect newsfeeds from various sites in background and would like
> to run them forever!!
>
> In fact...i was doing this, but what to do now?
> So..when a job gets deleted after 30 minutes..does it also deletes
> the session key? If not...then we won't be able to detect within
> our rails app, if the client has died!!
>

> On 7/2/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy Folks-
>
>         I'm happy to announce a new release of BackgrounDRb! I have
> added
> quite a few new features and included some nice patches from folks on
> the list.
>
> $ script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org//var/svn/backgroundrb

Hemant-

	Thats a good point. I will add an option to allow for 'immortal'
workers. Does this syntax look good to you?

session[:job_key] = MiddleMan.new_worker(:class => :long_worker,

          :args => 'whatever',

          :ttl => :immortal)

	I will see what the best way to add this is and get another release
out today.

Thanks
-Ezra