[Backgroundrb-devel] calling a MiddleMan from inside a MiddleMan

Bryan Liles bryan at osesm.com
Thu Dec 28 07:45:13 EST 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 12:53 AM, Michael D'Auria wrote:

> Can you explain what you would want to do this for?  Maybe we can
> come up with a different way to solve your original problem.
> .: Michael :.
> On 12/27/06, Bryan Liles <bryan at osesm.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to call a worker from inside a worker?  Right now, if
> I try, I get a recycled object error.

I was trying to implement a Queueing system.  I've given up on making
this work in backgroundrb for right now.  I'm going to use ActiveMQ
and stomp instead.

I had a worker called RequestWorker, and it was determining what
needed to be run and then calling ScheduleWorker.  I guess I was
trying to implement a poor mans queue.