[Backgroundrb-devel] backgrounDRb + mongrel_upload_progress

Jerrod Blavos jerrod at indierockmedia.com
Wed Dec 20 09:54:34 EST 2006

is it possible to use these together?  im asking because in the
sample docs for mongrel_upload_progress, it has you start by hand a
druby instance.

This doesnt work very well when moving to production.  as in, i cant
seem to get that particular process to either stop or restart after a
new deploy.  I posted to the mongrel-users list about this and have
not gotten any sort of response.

any ideas, insight or help would be appreciated.

I have also seem the merb file upload examples, but since one of the
reasons the upload using mongrel_upload_progress is nice is that
rails does the thread locking which ties up the whole process does
MERB avoid this problem? would merb be a good way to go? what i have
is a situation where i know there will be a lot of file uploads, so
being ready for this is important.

ideas?  tips?

Thanks!

-Jerrod