[Backgroundrb-devel] Is there a way to make backgroundrb 0.2.1 fail silently on win32?

Aleksandr Levchuk alevchuk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:52:05 EST 2006

If one has all the calls to BackgrounDRb isolated in a few Rails
models. For example I have app/model/nucleus.rb - which does all the
interactions with workers. One could solve such a  problem by using
Rails mock objects. I would just have to place a mocking model into
app/test/mocks/development/nucleus.rb, and it will use that model
instead when the application is running in the development
environment.

For your case, the developers could run Rails with
--environment=development on win32. On linux you could be run it with
--environment=testing or --environment=production, so that
BackgrounDRb is used.

Question for Ezra: Will BackgrounDRb work on Windows eventually?