[Backgroundrb-devel] can Timeout::timeout(...) be used in a Worker ?

george . george at initiatecommerce.com
Thu Dec 14 23:21:21 EST 2006

Hi ,

I was wondering if anyone else has tried to use the Timeout::timeout
method in a backgroundrb Worker and had Timeout raise an exception
after the allotted amount of time .
I ask because i have written a test script to make sure Timeout would
work .  I have tested the script by directly feeding it to ruby with :
$ ruby test_script.rb

and piping the script to the rails console:
$ script/console < test_script.rb

Both of which work as expected .

I am using the latest release of backgroundrb: 0.2.1 (Released
November 28, 2006 - r162) .

If it is not possible to use TImeout::timeout in a Worker currently,
is there another means to accomplish the same goal as Timeout::timeout ?

thanks ,

george .