[Backgroundrb-devel] Prime Time

Joshua Warchol joshua at zaadz.com
Wed Dec 13 15:33:50 EST 2006

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> So tell me a bit about what you are using it for? If its lighter
> weight duty then the old branch is great. If it requires a ton of
> processing power then the new multi process model might be better.
Well, basically the key worker in this situation is going to be creating
delivery records in a "notifications" table as part of sending
newsletters. So it's a long running (1-10 minutes) job of creating
thousands of rows in the table.

I think it can be done just fine in the older code, so I'm probably
going to stick there and cheer on the new code from the sideline for a
bit. I have played with the new hotness a bit and it's looking great.

Joshua Warchol
Code Poet, Zaadz Inc.