[Backgroundrb-devel] Prime Time

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 15:13:14 EST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Joshua Warchol wrote:

> Is the latest release of the new code production ready? I'm finally
> working seriously on deploying workers in our site and right now we're
> on the old branch.
> --
> Joshua Warchol
> Code Poet, Zaadz Inc.
> http://joshua.zaadz.com/

Hey Josh-

	I guess that depends on what kind of workers you are using. If the
old plugin is working for you then there may not be a good reason
right now to upgrade. There are many production sites still running
the old version perfectly well.

	So tell me a bit about what you are using it for? If its lighter
weight duty then the old branch is great. If it requires a ton of
processing power then the new multi process model might be better.

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- ez at engineyard.com
-- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting