[Backgroundrb-devel] passing arguments to worker method

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 2 08:15:59 EST 2006

On 01/12/06, skaar <skaar at waste.org> wrote:

> for worker methods you define yourself, there is no special syntax, you
> would define it as you would with any ruby method.

Thanks a lot, this helped me.
Actualy i had already tried it, but my worker was not running and i got
confused by the error message.
So this leads me to the next question:
What is the best way to determine whether a worker for a given job_key is
running ?

If you are using the scheduler for periodic execution, you just have to
> make sure that the arguments matches the one in the method definition.
>
> /skaar
>
> >    Also i would like to know how to determine the version of
> backgroundrb. I
> >    found it rather irritating to come across a lot of outdated
> documentation
> >    and it took  me a while  to understand  that my rubyforge install was
> >    outdated. Maybe you could consider writing a version string in
> >    backgroundrb.log ?
>
> If you add this to trac, I'll add this to the next release. If you
> really want to know the version right now, you can issue:
>
>   > BackgrounDRb::VERSION
>
> in the console.

cool, i added it to trac then.

regards