[Backgroundrb-devel] passing arguments to worker method

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:42:15 EST 2006

Hello all,

i just started using backgroundrb and i really like it a lot so far.
I finally succeeded in setting up version 0.21 and the examples from the
readme run fine.
Now i do not want to create and delete my worker anytime i want it to do
something but call repeatedly a method  with arguments.
There is a arg_method defined in the readme so i guess this is a feasible
way to procede.
Unfortunatly i could not find the syntax to pass args to such a method.
I hope this is not too stupid a question and you excuse my BASE.

Also i would like to know how to determine the version of backgroundrb. I
found it rather irritating to come across a lot of outdated documentation
and it took  me a while  to understand  that my rubyforge install was
outdated. Maybe you could consider writing a version string in
backgroundrb.log ?