[Backgroundrb-devel] Rake tasks fail silently, how to debug?

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:33:51 EDT 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 2:22 PM, James Hughes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using backgroundrb with some success up to now, but now when
> I do the start or setup tasks they just fail silently. Nothing in the
> log, no .pid file, and nothing in the process list. Rake with -trace
> just says,
>
> ** Invoke backgroundrb:setup (first_time)
> ** Execute backgroundrb:setup
>
> Any hints on how I can get more verbosity, or thoughts on what might
> be happening?
>
> (This happens with both the rails gem and edge; also, I'm tracking
> backgroundrb via svn:externals)
>
> thanks,
> jh
>
> --
> James Hughes
> Web application developer
> Vancouver, BC

Hey James-

	When did this start happening? If you roll back one revision from
trunk does that fix it? I just did a fresh svn co of trunk and was
able to run the setup and start tasks without any issues. So please
try again. Aslo can you use the start script directly instead of the
rake task? Take a look in the rake task you can see what it does, it
just copies the script dir up into your rails app and makes a config
file. I don't know how to make rake more verbose in this case. Maybe
open up the rakefile and add some puts statements and tell me what
you find out would you?

-Ezra