[Backgroundrb-devel] Rake tasks fail silently, how to debug?

James Hughes hughes.james at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:22:27 EDT 2006

I've been using backgroundrb with some success up to now, but now when
I do the start or setup tasks they just fail silently. Nothing in the
log, no .pid file, and nothing in the process list. Rake with -trace
just says,

** Invoke backgroundrb:setup (first_time)
** Execute backgroundrb:setup

Any hints on how I can get more verbosity, or thoughts on what might
be happening?

(This happens with both the rails gem and edge; also, I'm tracking
backgroundrb via svn:externals)

James Hughes
Web application developer
Vancouver, BC

"Developing a coherent political analysis is in many respects
contingent upon an ability to connect one context to another, a
process not dissimilar to playing the kid's game of dot-to-dot."
 - Ward Churchill, from '"A Government of Laws"?'