[Backgroundrb-devel] uninitialised constant LoginEngine

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 11:13:24 EDT 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 4:39 AM, hemant wrote:

> I geuss, I am the one, who is asking this question again.I tried to
> search through, the mails, but clearly...following solutions didn't
> work for me:
>
> $: << "#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/engines/lib/engines"
> $: << "#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/login_engine/lib"
>
> Also, i last time, I worked around the problem by simply not using
> loginengine model class.But this time, as it seems i need this.
> There is a price to be paid, for using some readymade component.

Hey Hemant-

	What I think you need to do is open up the start script and replace
the line that require's boot.rb and make it require environment.rb.,
THat way it will go through rails normal load process and your
engines will get loaded as well.

	This has bitten enough people that I am going to change it so that
by default it will require all of rails if you set load_rails to true
in your config file. Its an inconosistency on my part the way it
works now.

Cheers-
-Ezra