[Backgroundrb-devel] Regarding New QueueWorker class

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:50:27 EDT 2006

On Aug 24, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Michael wrote:

> Hi Ezra/Community,
>
> I posted a few comments last night on the rails forum and followed
> Ezra's advice to come here!  Lot's of good stuff in the archives
> that probably saved me much headache (specifically, ActionMailer
> related items).
>
> I saw this post - and am wondering if anyone else has had a chance
> yet to download the two source files and try it out.  Queuing of
> work items is definitely a big asset and something that I will be
> trying to do.  I'll try the code as well, but if anyone has had any
> initial success/problems with it then please advise and save me
> some time!
>
> I look forward to working with this group!
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

	The QueueWorker looks like it will work very well but I haven't had
a chance to try it out yet though.  I think that it might be better
if the core MiddleMan held the Thread Pool. I hope to have time to
work more on my thread pool impl now that I am done with my day job
and on to greener pastures ;) We will see what I come up with. But
for now by all means try out the new queue worker stuff and report
back how it works for you.

-Ezra

P.S. Welcome to the list ;)