[Backgroundrb-devel] Unable to start with Capistrano...

Brett Walker lapomme00 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 05:13:17 EDT 2006

I've created a couple of tasks in my deploy.rb file for starting and
stopping backgroundrb on the remote server.  The stop task runs fine
and kills the process. And the start task *seems* to run successfully,
but backgroundrb is never started on the remote host.

Has anyone had success with this?  Here are my deploy tasks:

desc 'Start backgroundrb server (default values)'
task :start_backgroundrb do
  puts "Starting BackgrounDRb"
  #--- assumes the backgroundrb.yml is set up for production
  run "export RAILS_ENV=production &&
#{current_path}/script/backgroundrb/start -d"
end

desc 'Stop backgroundrb server (default values)'
task :stop_backgroundrb do
  puts "Stopping BackgrounDRb"
  begin
    run "#{current_path}/script/backgroundrb/stop"
  rescue

I'm no doubt missing something obvious.

Cheers,
Brett