[Backgroundrb-devel] Ezra....allow_concurrency = false?

Ben Johnson bjohnson at contuitive.com
Fri Aug 18 18:14:08 EDT 2006

In a previous email you wrote this:

	Glad you're getting some use out of the plugin ;) ActiveRecord does
have some issues with threading and concurrency that can sometimes
cause that error you are seeing. Open up your script/backgroundrb/
start  file and comment out the following line:

ActiveRecord::Base.allow_concurrency = true

	Make sure you do that up in your main app script folder and not in
the plugin. Well you can do it in the plugin as well to keep it
consistent. Then you need to restart the drb server. Give this a shot
and see if it gets rid of your problem. Also I am curious about using
this plugin on textdrive. Did they give you an extra port number to
run it on? If you run into problems with running the drb server on a
port then let me know and I can show you how to use a unix domain
socket file instead so you don't take up an extra port.

You wrote that in response to getting rid of the MySQL server has
gone away error. Why would you comment it out in the app and not in
the start script? Wouldn't you want to comment it out in the plugin
start script?

Thank You,
Ben Johnson
E: bjohnson at contuitive.com