[Backgroundrb-devel] Cleaning up a worker that is about to be killed.

Matt Pennig matt at chipt.com
Thu Aug 10 17:35:13 EDT 2006

I was looking through the code and I am confused. Now, I'm not at all
familiar with DRb, so keep that in mind.

What I would like to accomplish is letting a worker clean up or
perform some other action in case the job goes beyond the time-to-
live, or it is  otherwise instructed to be killed. I'm running an
audio & video converter process, and I want to handle the case where
the conversion takes too long -- setting a flag to "Failed", for
example. I don't want the job to just get killed...

I saw something about @job_ctrl in the comments, but nowhere did I
see it actually _used_. Is this implemented by DRb?

-Matt Pennig