[Backgroundrb-devel] problems with ActionMailer

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Mon Aug 7 07:28:54 EDT 2006

If you are only using this mailer for mail sent from a worker, you can
use in your main mail initializing block (your sent method):

  @subject = blah
  @recipients = blah
  @body = blah
  @template = "../../path/to/template"  # instead of ./path/to/template

http://railsmanual.com/class/ActionMailer::Base

On 8/7/06, Brett Walker <lapomme00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Charles Brian Quinn <me at seebq.com> wrote:
> > Your workers reside in lib/workers, which means the path for them back
> > to RAILS_ROOT is back two levels, and thus the mail templates are back
> > two as well:
> >
> > File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + "../../../file.txt"))
> >
> > see:  http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/backgroundrb-devel/2006-August/000163.html
> >
> > posted just a few days ago....
> > --
> > Charles Brian Quinn
>
> Charles, I read the referenced post a couple of days ago, and I still
> don't understand it. Are you saying that we need to use render :file
> and your File.expand line?  I guess I didn't understand how you
> actually use it to get the email sent (sorry, I can be a bit dense
> sometimes).
>
> Cheers,
> Brett

Charles Brian Quinn