[Backgroundrb-devel] Process status...

Brett Walker lapomme00 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 04:33:03 EDT 2006

I've used Railscron in a couple instances, and I liked that fact that
it has a rake task for checking the status of the process.  Many times
I use it in the admin interface to allow me to double check that
everything is up and running.

I couldn't find one for backgroundrb, so here is a simple one.
Probably obvious to everyone, and no doubt there is a better way to do

namespace :backgroundrb do
  desc "Status of BackgrounDRb"
  task :status do
    puts `ps x | grep backgroundrb | grep -v backgroundrb:status  |
grep -v grep`

If there is another way I don't know about, please let me know.