[Backgroundrb-devel] undefined method `[]' for #<DRb::DRbUnknown:0x2501bd4>

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 18:41:34 EDT 2006

On Aug 3, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Joel Hayhurst wrote:

> I tried installing BackgrounDRb today.  Followed the readme, made a
> little worker for myself and executed it within the code.  But I keep
> getting this error.  I must've gone over the README a zillion times.
> Any idea what it is?
>
> undefined method `[]' for #<DRb::DRbUnknown:0x2501bd4>

It looks like you are trying to use one of your models across the
wire. What classes are involved in this error? Can you show us your
code in rails and in the worker please? I think you will be able to
solve this by including DRbUndumpoed in your classes that are
involved. So if you have a Post model that you need to send across
the wire to a worker then you will need to add this line to the class
def:

class Post < AR::Base
   include DRbUndumped

end

That will fix the DRbUnknown errors for you.

-Ezra