[Backgroundrb-devel] undefined method `[]' for #<DRb::DRbUnknown:0x2501bd4>

James Hughes hughes.james at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 17:40:20 EDT 2006

On 8/3/06, Joel Hayhurst <joel at luckyoliver.com> wrote:
> I tried installing BackgrounDRb today.  Followed the readme, made a
> little worker for myself and executed it within the code.  But I keep
> getting this error.  I must've gone over the README a zillion times.
> Any idea what it is?
>
> undefined method `[]' for #<DRb::DRbUnknown:0x2501bd4>

Hi,

I believe that if you are passing any model objects as args to your
worker, you need this line somewhere in you model's class definition:

 include DRbUndumped

hth,

jh

--
James Hughes
Web application developer

"Developing a coherent political analysis is in many respects
contingent upon an ability to connect one context to another, a
process not dissimilar to playing the kid's game of dot-to-dot."
 - Ward Churchill, from '"A Government of Laws"?'