[s3-dev] Missing data? (NextMarker)

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Sat Jan 17 23:32:01 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:27:54PM -0600, Michael Chaney wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Robin Lee Powell
> <rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> > (hopefully this won't show up 3 times!)
> >
> > I'm trying to get size on a bucket bigger than 10K.  According
> > http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=1109&categoryID=55#03
> > there's supposed to be a NextMarker element set on truncated
> > bucket responses, but I don't see that as an attribute.  Am I
> > doing something wrong?
> Don't worry about nextmarker - just use your last key from a get
> to feed back as the "marker".  See a minimal sample in the
> archives:
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/amazon-s3-dev/2008-July/000148.html

I was hoping to do it without retrieving all the object information,
but I guess that's not actually possible?

They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something
other than the default outcome?" -- http://shorl.com/tydruhedufogre