[Alexandria-list] Dutch translation for 0.6.1

L.C. Karssen lennart at karssen.org
Sun Sep 23 16:11:50 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 20:36 +0100, Cathal Mc Ginley wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 19:19 +0200, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> > Some time ago I made a Dutch translation for Alexandria 0.6.1. I see
> > it's not in SVN yet, so I guess I forgot to send it to the list. Maybe
> > you could add it.
> I've added your po file (rake automatically picks it up and includes
> it). I gave Alexandria a spin with LANG=nl_NL (after some trouble
> installing the nl_NL locale). It seems there's been quite a lot of drift
> between 0.6.1 and now, but some items show up correctly translated (I
> assume). I'm not even sure if all user-visible strings are being passed
> through gettext. Anywho!
Thanks! Please send an e-mail to the list when you're nearing a release
so I can update the translation.
I hope to have some time in the coming weekend to make set up that
virtual machine.

> > It's my first translation effort, so feedback is welcome.
> I've been poring over the gettext info manual to get up to speed with
> intltool-merge and msgfmt. I've been thinking of getting together an
> Irish translation (ga_IE) of Alexandria as my own first translation effort.
IIRC I read of the KDE translation howto
(http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/gui-translation.html) and
some stuff on nl.gnome.org which won't be of any service to you I'm
afraid :-).

>    -   Cathal.
L.C. Karssen
The Netherlands

lennart at karssen.org

Stuur me aub geen Word of Powerpoint bestanden!
Zie http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.nl.html