[Alexandria-list] Not a alexandria fork

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 01:19:13 EDT 2006

A couple of years ago I threw together a book collection database using PHP
& MySQL.  It has a table for authors, a table for publishers and a table for
the books.  A friend at work was thinking about setting up the same kind of
thing because both he and his brother have book collections and would like
to be able to see what they each have.  They're in different cities, which
makes casual sight access tedious...

Anyway, one thing he talked about was a way to see what *new* books have
been added recently.  So, I guess a date-added field would be needed.  Then
you could search based on time added, rather than by author, genre, title,
etc.

I gave the guy a copy of my code, but he probably didn't do anything with
it.  He couldn't even get Apache working under Window XP, even after
watching me do the exact same thing and taking a copy of my config file...

Ralph Mitchell