[Alexandria-list] Support for serial publications?

David Weinehall tao at acc.umu.se
Tue Jul 26 20:21:24 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 01:08:34AM +0200, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> Hi,
> On 7/25/05, David Weinehall <tao at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> > Would it make any sense to add support for serial publications as well?
> > It would require more manual work when inputting the information,
> > and a separate list, but it would be nice to have both serial
> > publications and books in the same library, instead of having to
> > use two different applications.
> >
> Yeah, we could handle ISSN exactly like we do for ISBN and EAN, and
> keep the same data model.

Actually, that's not enough I think; for a serial publication you'd
presumably like to keep track of what issues you have (and maybe even
data such as whether you have all issues for a particular year,
whether the publication is still published, etc).

> Another thing on the TODO list :-)

That's good.  A long TODO list shows that it's a project with many
users (or at least users with a lot of ideas) =)

Regards: David
 /) David Weinehall <tao at acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //
\)  http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/    (/   Full colour fire           (/