[Alexandria-list] Barcode Reader

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Mon Aug 1 20:56:36 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 01:54:42PM -0700, jcs wrote:
> Has anyone used a barcode reader other than a cuecat?  I have a usb
> barcode reader that shows up as a TechScan Barcode reader v34a.  It uses
> the usbhid driver.
>
> In attempting to see if it even works with linux, I've tried to look for
> out but I'm not sure where to look.  There are no /dev/usb devices.

Clifford,

I haven't tried it, but try checking the /dev/input/* devices.  It may
show up there.  Also, check dmesg and/or syslog to see if the driver
says what it attached to.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0x24E5AD99 | http://kapheine.hypa.net/kapheine.asc