[Activewarehouse-discuss] snowflake and drill down and comparing aggregates

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:04:21 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Paco Viramontes <kidpollo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have succesfully implemented activewarehouse and etl but now I want to
> have more complex data analisys.
> I have made some changes to the yui adapter and other parts of de library, I
> have almost scoped out all the code
> I dont know if awh supports snowflake schema.

It does not. I'm a pretty firm believer that your schema should be as
denormalized as possible when designed for analytics. It does support
bridge tables for hierarchies but that never made it to the UI level
(i.e. it is supported in the models but not the views).

> The web page says it supports drill down but I cant find it

It supports filter drill downs.

> Finally I want to compare col 1 and col 2 to display a third col that puts
> the percent increase/decrease. Would that be a custom aggregate or do I
> simply add that extra col on the talble render.

I'm not sure as it has been a while since I've touched any of that.

GMU/IT d- s: a32 C++(++++)$ UL@ P--- L+(++) !E W+++$ !N o? K? w--- !O
M++ V PS+ PE Y PGP t+ !5 X- R tv b++ DI+ D++ G- e++ h---- r+++ y++++**