Posted By: Jamis Buck
Date: 2004-04-05 21:21
Summary: RELEASE: Copland 0.3.0: "Canticle of Freedom"
Project: Copland IOC Container

Copland is an IoC container for Ruby. This latest-and-greatest release brings many new features to the table, including better thread support, configurable logging, finer granularity for interceptors, and two new core components for making your services available to remote clients.

The documentation has been completely reworked as well, with a new manual. Hopefully this makes it easier for people to read about and understand what Copland is for.

The new remote-client capabilities are based around dRuby and SOAP. You can use one or the other, or both simultaneously, with the end result of your services being transparently available to remote clients via either dRuby or SOAP. All you need to do is set a few configuration parameters and you are good to go. No examples yet, but you can look in the Copland test suite in the meantime, since there are test cases for it.

Tutorials and documentation are an ongoing effort. Six tutorials have been written so far, covering up to how to use the logging interceptor. More tutorials are on the way, which will cover custom interceptors, service models, configuration points, multicasting, and remote services.

Download it, give it a try, and submit feedback! The trackers on the project page are active, so submit your bugs to the bug tracker, and feature requests to the feature request tracker.

Latest News
TZInfo::Data v1.2014.2 Released
    Philip Ross - 2014-03-25 22:32
TZInfo v0.3.39 Released
    Philip Ross - 2014-03-09 20:23
TZInfo::Data v1.2014.1 Released
    Philip Ross - 2014-03-09 20:00
Automatic Ruby 14.2.0 has been released!
    id 774 - 2014-02-26 06:23
kramdown 1.3.2 released
    Thomas Leitner - 2014-02-16 08:35

Forums | Admin

Discussion Forums: release--copland-0.3.0---quot-canticle-of-freedom-quot-

Start New Thread Start New Thread
BY: Dick Davies (rasputnik)
DATE: 2004-04-08 19:49
SUBJECT: Thanks for the docs

Think I'm finally starting to 'get it'. I'm currently trying to solve general dependency tracking with an embryonic project of my own, the concepts you cover are very interesting.

Thread View

Thread Author Date
Thanks for the docsDick Davies2004-04-08 19:49

Post a followup to this message