Forums | Admin

Discussion Forums: open-discussion

Start New Thread Start New Thread

By: Scott Knight
RE: FireRuby 0.4.3 - RoR 1.2 error [ reply ]  
2007-12-03 19:02
Andy, you are correct. The version I have uploaded here is compiled against Firebird 2.x because Rails itself had some base code that didn't play well with Firebird 1.5. If you have gcc installed on your machine it should be as easy as checking out the latest code switching to the src directory. Then do ruby extconf.rb and a make. Then you can go to the gem directory and do ruby make_gem.rb and in the base fireruby directory there will be a new gem. Additionally you could just softlink your libfbclient.so.1 to libfbclient.so.2 This should probally work as well since in general the interface in libfbclient doesn't really change between releases.

By: Andy Koch
FireRuby 0.4.3 - RoR 1.2 error [ reply ]  
2007-12-03 18:05
Hi,

Sorry to have dropped off on that last thread, work got in the way again.

Just got the 0.4.3 update, running RoR 1.2.6, on Debian Etch with Ruby 1.8.5

Error I'm getting is...

libfbclient.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/fireruby-0.4.3-i586-linux/lib/fr_lib.so
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/fireruby-0.4.3-i586-linux/lib/fr_lib.so
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:33:in `require'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in `require'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in `require'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/fireruby-0.4.3-i586-linux/lib/fireruby.rb:21

... now I'm wondering if this means 0.4.3 is meant for FireBird 2.x not the Deb Etch 1.5.3?

Perhaps that's the problem here?